How to get verified name on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube?
The trend of Verified accounts are not so new in social media sites. Twitter is using this feature for many years. Google+ is using this feature from the beginning. Yeah, Facebook and YouTube has introduced this feature recently.
Verified Names are having verification badges/checkmarks along with there names in these Social Networking websites that helps people to find out and identify Official channel, profile, page about a business or a popular celebrity.
It is becoming very important for celebrities or brands to get these Verification badges on there profile because along with providing authenticity, it is also a symbol of pride. It shows, the person/brand is very influential and having very high popularity in that social network too.
So, if you are a company, an organization, a leader or celebrity and did not manage to get the Verification Badges yet to your profiles, channels or fanpages then we are telling you how you can get one for you.
For Google+ Profiles
Google+, along with providing Verification Badges, also provides Vanity URLs to the verified names to make the profile’s URL user-friendly and easy to remember. See the image below:
If you are in large number of Google+ circles (for e.g., greater than 20K ) and your profile name appears the same in the other social network websites then getting Google+ Verified name is not tough for you.
Unfortunately, there is not any way to contact Google+ for this. Google+ Staff will manually contact you and guide you to get verified name for your profile. However, these few tips will help you to get noticed by Google+ team:
- You are required to become popular in your field.
- Don’t share something illegal.
- Don’t opt Spam ways to increase your ‘in Circles’.
- Remain active at Google+, do status updates, get engaged in users comments.
For Google+ Business Pages
Google+ Business Pages should have great popularity and influence in Google+ to get verified badges along with their Names. Your Page will also get Vanity URL after getting verified badge.
There are still few important things that you should do for your Google+ Business Page to get it verified, without any problem:
- Google+ Page should be connected to Official website by a proper two-way link between your website and page. This verification is also known as “Verifying Publishership”. Learn how to link Google+ Page with website.
- Make Sure your Google+ Page is having the “Name” by which it (your brand) is known by people. You can have small modifications in your Google+ Page, Website name but it should be at least identifiable that you are the same brand.
- Build popularity and followers of your Google+ Page and post there regularly. You need to have at least 1000 followers for your brand’s official Google+ Page (as said by Google).
- When you get meaningful number of followers and good engagement, apply for a verified name for your Google+ Brand Page using Google+ Page Verification Request form. If you face rejection, increase your Google+ Business Page’s popularity and apply again.
For Twitter Account
On twitter, verified account will only get the small verification badge that is highlighted below because unlike Google+, every user can have Vanity URL for there Twitter profile.
Though it helps a lot in finding the official account of a brand that you want to follow. Also, verified accounts generally get higher position in twitter search results when you try to search any user using Twitter searchbox.
Twitter’s Recommendation to get verified name:
- Embed Twitter’s official “Follow” button on your official website to get followers directly from your official website. It also helps users as well as twitter staff to know the original Twitter handler of a brand at the time of verification.
- Include a link to your official website within your profile’s description.
Some companies also say that if you invests more than $5000/month on Twitter advertisements then it will get (and keep) your Twitter account verified.
Twitter do not consider your number of followers as a factor to put verification badge.
Step 1: Read Verified Account instructions from Twitter help center here -> http://twitter.com/help/verified
Step 2: Draft a message having following details:
- Account Number
- Full Name
- Official Website
- Bio Information (in less than 160 characters)
- Primary Contact Number (of individual who manages the account)
- Additional Contact Number
Send the message (direct message) to @Verified account.
Step 3: Wait for twitter to respond back. You can contact twitter directly using This Contact Form but keep in mind that twitter deals with high volume verification requests and it verifies very specific accounts.
Step 4: After getting response (by direct message from Twitter), follow the instructions given.
Final Step: In the final step you need to do these three things-
- Learn how to Tweet effectively – You’ll be asked to choose best tweet out of two tweets. There will be no negative impact if you don’t answer correctly.
- Connect with other Interesting Twitter Users – Connect with other verified accounts. It helps in making your account more legitimate.
- Protect your Account – You’ll be asked to add a phone number through which Twitter can contact you if they find any problem with your account.
Recommendation: Do not change your account’s information after getting Verification badge. It can cause Twitter to remove the verification badge and make you to contact them again.
For Facebook Profiles & Fanpages
So Facebook, world’s largest social network has finally started verification for Facebook Fanpages and Profiles. They are providing verification badges to official Fanpages of brands having large number of Likes and User Engagement. The website is also rolling out verification badges for User profiles too.
Facebook launched this new feature on May 29, 2013. From Facebook –
“Today we’re launching Verified Pages to help people find the authentic accounts of celebrities and other high-profile people and businesses on Facebook,” the California-based Internet giant said in a blog post.
“You’ll see a blue badge next to their names.”
Verified Pages and profiles are having a small blue badge next to there names that will be visible publicly in their timeline as well as Facebook search results.
“Verified Pages belong to a small group of prominent public figures (celebrities, journalists, government officials, popular brands and businesses) with large audiences,” Facebook said.
“This update is rolling out to profiles as well.”
You can see example of some verified Facebook fanpages here:
and here are examples of some verified Facebook Profiles:
There is not any information available about their criteria to verify a page or profile. We will update the criteria and procedure upon Facebook Verification when it will be available.
Get your official channel verified on YouTube
YouTube also provides similar but a bit small verification badges to Official Channel of a brand.When you find the badge on a channel for a popular celebrity or business, you can be sure that the channel actually belongs to them. The verification checkmark only appears to the right of the channel name, and “Verified name” appears in a popup if you point your cursor at it.
How to get your channel verified?
- Make sure you already have verified Google+ Profile or Pages.
- Make sure your Google+ Page contains link to your official website and linked to your website.
- Your Google+ Pages should having meaningful number of followers and very good visitors engagement.
If you have YouTube Partner manager, contact them to request verification or you can submit a verification request directly.
Meanwhile, if you don’t get Verified name or simply, customized URL for your Social Media Profiles and pages, you can use this trick:
Latest posts by Saurabh Saha (see all)
- The Importance of Data Backups - December 1, 2015
- Anime Starter Pack: Best Anime Series for Everyone [Infographic] - October 21, 2015
- Explore & Manage Your Android with ES File Explorer File Manager - September 27, 2015
You are here: