Torch Browser: Where It Is Better Than Google Chrome and Where Not?
Okay, so you have used Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer web browsers for your windows PC. Have you ever used Torch Browser? If not, then you’re missing out smoothest web-browsing experience that you can have, on your Windows PC.
What is Torch Browser?
Similar to Google Chrome, Torch is also a web browser that uses Chromium source code as foundation. So, if you will install Torch Browser then, you will find it very similar to your Google Chrome browser. Take a closer look to the snapshot (of Torch browser) below.
As, Google Chrome is the most popular and benchmarked fastest web browser yet available so, you might be interested to know if Torch Browser is better than Chrome or not.
So, here I am dividing this article into three sections: Pros, Cons and Conclusion that will help you to identify if Torch browser can replace your already installed Google Chrome at your PC or not.
Torch Browser: Where it gains? [Pros]
Torch browser is also very popular browser but not as popular as these major web browsers that have insane popularity among internet users worldwide. But, after these mainstream web-browsers, Torch comes first.
Torch browser is an all-in-one web browser that lets you download media, torrent files directly from your web browser. As it uses the same chromium code, so you can expect similar and very fast browsing speed with Torch browser (just like Google Chrome).
- Share Pages – Using heart-shaped share button, you can share webpages directly among your Facebook friends and Twitter followers with just a single-click
- Media Grabber – Next to your address-bar, there is a media grabber button that lets you download online videos, streaming music very fast.
- Torch Torrent – Torch web browser has built-in torrent client that lets you grab torrent files and to start downloading them directly at your web browser. As like any other torrent client (such as Bittorrent), you can manage your torrent files effectively. Start/Pause torrents, watch activities, track downloads, etc. are very easy. Moreover, you can change settings to boost speed of your Torrent also.
- Built-in Download Accelerator – Torch browser has provided download accelerator within its browser that lets you download files at very fast speed. Torch downloads faster by splitting files into chunks and then downloading multiple chunks simultaneously. This increases the utilization of your Internet connection and effective download speeds.
- Torch Music – Want to listen your favorite music for free? Well, Torch has provided this feature too. Just type torch://music/ and, torch will open up it’s own music webpage from where you can listen to thousands of songs. You can filter/search songs by artists, album, genres, tune in to latest, trending and create your own playlist.
- Advanced Setting Panel – Torch offers advanced settings panel with which you can control your critical download accelerator’s settings, torrent settings, sharing, media grabber’s settings.
- Drag & Drop – Another cool feature is Torch browser’s Drag & Drop that allows you to select any line, paragraph of any webpage and share it to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+ by just dragging it at the left corner.
- Facebook Facelift – For Facebook freaks, Torch has a special feature called Torch Facelift. If you have got bored using same Facebook themes from over 10 years (with minute change) then this feature will let you to customize you Facebook theme. You can change colors, background, fonts, add customized lightbox for photos, round the corner of profile images by single click. Or, if you are a lazy guy(just like me) than you can use Torch themes provided for your Facebook too.
It supports all the extensions that you can install on your Chrome, it can sync your bookmarks, plugins, passwords, autofills, etc. from your Google account, it has hardware acceleration ON (by default) which provides you very fast downloading speed if you have good hardware.
Moreover, Torch browser seems to consume less memory than Google Chrome. However, there are powerful ways and extensions to reduce memory usage of chrome but Torch browser has made very optimized to use less memory and hence less browser crash instances happens.
Torch Browser: Where it falls? [Cons]
Well, I am an ideal Google Chrome user and now, I have started using Torch browser since around a week and found it much powerful for me. However, there are still some issues that will make you miss your Google Chrome browser:
- Not all Chrome extensions works.
- Well, the downloading speed is better than other browsers but it is not as fast as a Download Accelerator (such as, IDM) provides.
- Less sharing options. By sharing button, you will be able to share webpage only with your Facebook and Twitter friends. Although, these are the most popular social networks but we think Torch should include more sharing options.
- Sometimes, media grabber fails to scan media of webpage and doesn’t let you to download media from the provided button.
- Download Accelerator also fails to download sometimes. At that moment, what it does is just keeps on downloading files, without actually downloding anything.
- Although, it offers many features than Chrome browser but ideal chrome users will find Torch browser somewhat complicated and cluttered.
Torch Browser offers very powerful built-in tools and features, with fact browsing speed. Its features like Torch Music, Facebook Facelift etc. will surely impress you. If Torch browser is new to you then I strongly recommend you to give it a try.
Latest posts by Saurabh Saha (see all)
- The Importance of Data Backups - December 1, 2015
- Anime Starter Pack: Best Anime Series for Everyone [Infographic] - October 21, 2015
- Explore & Manage Your Android with ES File Explorer File Manager - September 27, 2015
You are here: